#MySexySaturday 13th September &  #SexySnippets 14th  September 2014

Every weekend, a group of us sign up at My Sexy Saturday and some of us at The Nuthouse Scribblers blog and post a sexy snippet: 7 sentences from a work in progress. Here’s mine for the week again from  Lily and the Mechanic.

It’s a historical novella set in London 1898.

It was hard to say how long it was before he lifted off.  She should move but she couldn’t even open her eyes, and really, how could anyone expect her to? The cab must be full of feathers after she’d clawed up angel wings in that white cloud of bliss.

Gentle hands worked to straightened her skirts. There was still no impetus to move and besides it felt good to have someone care for her, even out of courtesy.

“Thank you, that was most enlightening,” heat immediately rushed up her face at the absurd whisper. Idiot, she was  keeping her eyes closed, perhaps for the rest of her life.

© Elsa Holland

©  Image by Dascha Friedlova

Link to NuthouseScribblers: http://thenuthousescribblers.blogspot.com.au/p/sexy-snippets.html

Link to My Sexy Saturday: www.mysexysaturday.blogspot.com

18 thoughts on “#MySexySaturday & #SexySnippet

1. That last line really punched home the emotion. The “angel feathers” bit left me a bit confused but maybe that is because I write paranormal and took it literally!

Well you know me, wanting to throw a metaphor or description in where ever I can 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. Lovely excerpt, Elsa – I liked your angel wings metaphor – thought it very original! 🙂

3. Anonymous says:

Once again so lovely. I loved the bliss…I pictured her scrambling to heaven on it,,shredding wings as she climbed….you know you have built the Mechanic up so much you have to start giving us more of him

Thx Nicolette. I’ll see what I can do next week 🙂

4. chrisgrover says:

Interesting snippet.

5. Loved the snippet. And gorgeous artwork.

Thx Andrea. The artwork is Dascha Friedlova, She has a lot on her FB page and very generous in permission if you email her 🙂

6. Daisy Banks says:

Gorgeous. I want to read the bit before and after. What a tease. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

7. Makes me very curious as to what happened before. Very intriguing! XX

8. Author Jessica E. Subject says:

I want to know what happened before this, why she is embarrassed and why there are feathers all over. You’ve definitely piqued my curiosity. 🙂

9. Gorgeous description of ‘afterglow’.

Liked by 1 person

10. dorisoconnor says:

Lol, she sounds delightfully rattled. Love it 🙂

Liked by 1 person

11. Lovely snippet and graphics 🙂

12. emorgan2010 says:

Beautiful description, Elsa.

13. I am actually looking forward to next weeks snippets too. thanks for sharing x